Monday 10 March 2014

Handsome Harris!

Hi there, my name is Harris!

I came into the RSPCA from a difficult background and because of that I can get quite nervous in new situations. The staff at the Derby RSPCA decided to send me to live in a foster home for a while, which has really helped me.

They found out that I wasn't house trained (I didn't want to mention it because it was a bit embarassing!) but my foster mum has taught me that now so I now know to only go to the toilet outside! I'm very good.

I'm getting better at lots of other things now too. At first I was really scared of that noisy box that they call a television, but now I don't mind sitting in the same room as it and it doesn't bother me. The ironing board was hard to cope with too, but mum taught me that there was nothing to be scared of. I've been such a brave boy!

I do still get a bit scared of new men to be honest. I try not to but I did have a bad time growing up and, though my foster dad is always so nice to me, I still find it a little difficult to trust him. My new parents will need to understand this and will need to give me some time, patience and love to get me used to it.

One very important thing about me - I LOVE other dogs. I have two foster brothers, a spaniel and a german shepherd, and they have really helped me along with my confidence. I really would prefer to be rehomed with another dog if possible. I can't go home with small furry animals or cats though I'd afraid!

I may seem a little shy and reserved when you first meet me but I like nothing more than sprinting around!




I know that I take a little bit of nurturing, but I promise you that I'm so worth it. I have so much love to give and my foster mum says that after having obviously had such a tough time in the past, I deserve all the love I can get in the future.

Please, consider adding me to your family! If you would like to meet me, just call the Centre on 01332 344620 and they can arrange it.

Lots of love,

Harris xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment