Wednesday 5 March 2014

Some call me Aardvark...

I've had various names since I've been here at Derby RSPCA. My actual name is Jake, but some call me Aardvark and some call me fruit bat. Apparently, this is to do with my (regal-looking, I think) nose. The staff are always telling me how fabulous and unusual I look - it really does just add to my charm. Why have a regular dog when you can have me?! Look, here I am - aren't I cute?



You can just see a few patches of fur missing on my back in that picture. Basically, where I was living before I wasn't properly treated for fleas and I developed a bit of a nasty flea allergy which resulted in me losing fur on the bottom of my back. It was quite uncomfortable and I wasn't very happy at all. Luckily I was brought to this place, where they treated me for fleas and now my fur is starting to grow back. It's a bit of a slow process, so bear with me! 

Just to add to this...I have a protruding upper jaw which means my top teeth come further over my bottom teeth - it means you have to offer me treats on the palm of your hand so I don't accidentally bang your fingers with my teeth! You can see it a little on this picture:


It doesn't affect me at all and is just another of the things that make me unique. 

Aside from these unusual things, there are so many wonderful, ordinary things about me! I love people, especially when they're taking me on walks. I get really excited and wag my tail a lot! I'm not too bothered about toys at the moment, I'd much rather have cuddles. When I get to know you, if you open your arms I like to come in for a cuddle. 

I also get along with most dogs I meet. I'm just not all that bothered by them to be honest, and I've lived with them before so it's just normal for me. Cats aren't a big deal for me either usually - actually, I'm more scared of them than anything. If I did live with cats, I'd like to live with some friendly ones who were nice to me!

All in all, (I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here...okay, actually I do!) I'm the perfect dog for most homes! I'm gentle, friendly, loveable and let's face it, a bit of a looker! My two friends who I arrived with have both gone to their new homes and they're enjoying their twilight years in style. Won't you think about taking me home?

Lots of love and extra-adorable cuddles,

Jake xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment